Germany Phreakwars
Mood:

Re: Built this for a fwend

Post by Phreakwars » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:56 am

RightWingConspirator wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm
Phreakwars wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:48 am
I've been working with and building computers for well over 30 years now. Before that, I was into engines and welding. My first engine was a Mopar 340 that I built and put into my 73' Barracuda. Fucking LOVED that car. A couple months after I had rebuilt the engine, my damn radiator got a small pinhole leak. And one day, my mom calls me up at work, says she needs to go pick up my sister in a town about 50 miles away, and that she needed to borrow my car. I tell her watch the radiator, I hadn't fixed the pin hole just yet.. did she listen.. fuck no. After getting my sister, she starts heading back and about half way in between, the engine overheats, knocks and dies. So she leaves it stranded by the side of the road. Calls me up and tells me about it, so I'm thinking OK, so she fucked up my new engine, no biggy, I'll just pull it and fix it, probably spun a bearing or something. So I go down the next day to pick up my car from the side of the road and tow it back into town, and when I get there, some asshole had busted out a couple of the windows.. I'm pissed.. so I tow it home thinking.. OK, OK, so I'll have to go find a replacement window from a junk yard. Thing of it was.. it was a 73' Barracuda. Fucking junk yard wanted a ridiculous price just for the small driver's side back window. So I sat it in my front yard. Then one night, I was drunk as fuck, pissed off about my car, and went out with my gun and shot fucking holes all over it. Fucking ruined it good. Got my sober ass up the next day and thought "FUCK, I'm an idiot!!" Ended up selling my car to the junk yard. Fuck I miss that car.

Guns and alcohol can be a glorious combination. Many years ago I came home one night piss drunk and accidentally shot myself playing with one. The bullet bounced off my side. After that I was even more convinced I was immortal and a god. However I still practice strict gun safety since that day. :cool:
I think I was around 20 at the time, maybe 21. I loved a good excuse to shoot at something. And it was Nebraska, the sad alcohol abuse capitol of America. Now why WOULDN'T I have my gun handy while getting hammered? I might be socially liberal, but I luv me some gunz.

Germany Phreakwars
Mood:

Post by Phreakwars » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:11 am

Video of the build. If you wonder why it looks so blurry, it's because I filmed it with the protective side film still on. I wanted to let him peel that back for himself. :smile:

CMLazypoos

Post by CMLazypoos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 am

Oh dear dear me..................

Great Britain ChrisMuttonshutter
Mood:

Post by ChrisMuttonshutter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:40 pm

"Re: Built this for a fwend"

I'm assuming you did build whatever that shit was, for a real friend, not fwend. Try and be sarcastic when you really mean it.
Hope this helps you get through your day.com
Stay safe - Then Fuck Off

Germany Phreakwars
Mood:

Post by Phreakwars » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Yeah

But anyways. Have a couple more builds for customers. Thought I was done for the year, but guess not. Here's the upcoming one. Not as cool as the Focus G build because this one is for a broke ass nigga

Italy RightWingConspirator

Post by RightWingConspirator » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Phreakwars wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm
Yeah

But anyways. Have a couple more builds for customers. Thought I was done for the year, but guess not. Here's the upcoming one. Not as cool as the Focus G build because this one is for a broke ass nigga

I thought you were building motorcycles. You build custom computers on the side? How much do you charge? Always thought of doing that, but I value my free time too much.

I hear Walmart has AWESOME gaming computers now. :biggrin:

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:41 am

Turkmenistan my ass smells purty
Mood:

Post by my ass smells purty » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:29 am

Phreakwars wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 pm
System specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
16 gigs DDR4 memory (Geil Super Luce RGB)
MSI x470 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard
512gb M.2 NVME SSD
2Tb Western Digital Black
BluRay burner
Fractal Design Focus G case (mystic red)
500 watt EVGA power supply
MSI nVidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
5 Corsair LL120 RGB fans
AMD Wraith Prism CPU heatsink/cooler
Noctua F12 fan for bottom intake.

Decent bang for your buck if that's your price range. Gives you the glitz with room for CPU, power supply, and GPU upgrades later on.

The memory is the only thing that I know. I have known idea what the rest of that is

Germany Phreakwars
Mood:

Post by Phreakwars » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 am

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 pm
I thought you were building motorcycles. You build custom computers on the side? How much do you charge? Always thought of doing that, but I value my free time too much.

I've been building them for over 30 years. Back when I was still living in Nebraska, I had my own shop. When I moved up to Iowa, I thought of opening another, but then I remembered what a pain in the ass it was getting calls at all hours of the night like I was 24 hour fucking tech support or something. But yeah, pretty well known that I build them, so even though I no longer have a shop, I'll still work my magic and build them for people here and there. I used to charge $30 an hour, but since I do it in my spare time now, I typically will only charge a flat rate of $30 labor no matter what as long as I'm not given a deadline. My turn around time is usually pretty quick, so no complaints so far. Of course, I still get bugged on Facebook by people with computer problems all the time.

Italy RightWingConspirator

Post by RightWingConspirator » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Phreakwars wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:21 am
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:46 pm

I've been building them for over 30 years. Back when I was still living in Nebraska, I had my own shop. When I moved up to Iowa, I thought of opening another, but then I remembered what a pain in the ass it was getting calls at all hours of the night like I was 24 hour fucking tech support or something. But yeah, pretty well known that I build them, so even though I no longer have a shop, I'll still work my magic and build them for people here and there. I used to charge $30 an hour, but since I do it in my spare time now, I typically will only charge a flat rate of $30 labor no matter what as long as I'm not given a deadline. My turn around time is usually pretty quick, so no complaints so far. Of course, I still get bugged on Facebook by people with computer problems all the time.
Yes, this is exactly why I never did it. I didn't want stupid calls at all hours by retards thinking I was their forever tech support. I did tech support a very short time freelance when I was in my early twenties, but that got annoying quick too. You only charge $30 to build a computer? That's not even worth your time.