10x high-quality traffic is needed at least.

General area

10x high-quality traffic is needed at least.

Post by Guest »

Having this little traffic (lurkers are welcome) on the best site on the Web is beyond laughable — it's surreal. Why are you still not spreading the word? Why the fuck do worthless sites such as reddit.com get massive traffic but not properly made and run ones? The answer is that you don't help out, for whatever reason. Don't make another topic about it; I've heard it all before and I'm not going to change any of the things that make Newsucks500 the best.

Re: 10x high-quality traffic is needed at least.

Post by Guest »

The "bots" posting nonsensical off-topic replies actually are [sub]humans. I thought that they were very well coded bots because nobody in their right mind would sit and do it manually, but… they are. This is my conclusion based on a lot of factors.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

I just farted and it smells really bad.
Toilet.

Post by Guest »

Vegeta wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:07 pm I just farted and it smells really bad.
Away from the computer, I had a sudden realization: the non-bot bot-like posters must be nothing but fucking retards ruining this place. Unbelievable.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Burger King.
Toilet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:15 pm Having this little traffic (lurkers are welcome) on the best site on the Web is beyond laughable — it's surreal. Why are you still not spreading the word? Why the fuck do worthless sites such as reddit.com get massive traffic but not properly made and run ones? The answer is that you don't help out, for whatever reason. Don't make another topic about it; I've heard it all before and I'm not going to change any of the things that make Newsucks500 the best.
Promoting the Suckage has been entirely ineffective for more than 10 years now. People just don't want to use this kind of site anymore. Normies don't trust forums because they're not familiar with them, and people who are familiar see the age of forums as some kind of dark age that they don't want to go back to. Our best bet for attracting new users, if I had to guess, would be to try switching up the board software to something like Xenforo with modern features like social media integration and Discord style reactions, but a license for that software is $400 and there's no guarantee it will actually help us attract new users.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Admin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:12 am
Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:15 pm Having this little traffic (lurkers are welcome) on the best site on the Web is beyond laughable — it's surreal. Why are you still not spreading the word? Why the fuck do worthless sites such as reddit.com get massive traffic but not properly made and run ones? The answer is that you don't help out, for whatever reason. Don't make another topic about it; I've heard it all before and I'm not going to change any of the things that make Newsucks500 the best.
Promoting the Suckage has been entirely ineffective for more than 10 years now. People just don't want to use this kind of site anymore. Normies don't trust forums because they're not familiar with them, and people who are familiar see the age of forums as some kind of dark age that they don't want to go back to. Our best bet for attracting new users, if I had to guess, would be to try switching up the board software to something like Xenforo with modern features like social media integration and Discord style reactions, but a license for that software is $400 and there's no guarantee it will actually help us attract new users.
Give us a proper site logo already, you lazy sack of shit.
Toilet.
RightWingConspirator

Post by RightWingConspirator »

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:23 pm
Vegeta wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:07 pm I just farted and it smells really bad.
Away from the computer, I had a sudden realization: the non-bot bot-like posters must be nothing but fucking retards ruining this place. Unbelievable.
This is a place?

Oh you're right... This Mess Is A Place.

Post by Guest »

How can it even be technically possible for this little traffic to find its way here? By all logic, there should never, ever be less than 10,000 people on-line at the same time here. It's very sad and frustrating. The traffic that does come seems to be (more or less) exclusively due to my own efforts. Why does the word get spread about insanely shitty sites like Twitter.com but not the far superior Newsucks500?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:41 am
How can it even be technically possible for this little traffic to find its way here? By all logic, there should never, ever be less than 10,000 people on-line at the same time here. It's very sad and frustrating. The traffic that does come seems to be (more or less) exclusively due to my own efforts. Why does the word get spread about insanely shitty sites like Twitter.com but not the far superior Newsucks500?
Kill yourself.